Trek Emonda ALR 5 Road Bike 2019
With geometry passed down from the top-end Emonda carbon road bikes, the Trek Émonda ALR 5 is well-equipped for both new riders or those thinking about entering their first race. Invisible Weld Technology delivers both increased strength at the tube junctions and a sleek, elegant appearance. Clean lines are further enhanced with the addition of a Bontrager Blendr stem for clutter-free and customisable mounting of computers and lights. Premium-grade Trek 300 Series Aluminium provides the perfect balance of stiffness, for great power transfer, and low weight, for nimble climbing.
Internal cable routing not only enhances the look, but reduces wear-and-tear to keep shifting and braking sharper for longer.
A Shimano 105 groupset features a 50/34 (compact) chainset and an 11-speed, 11-28t cassette, with enough range for dancing up the climbs and yet not spinning out when it comes to big efforts on the flat.
The Bontrager Affinity Tubeless Ready wheels with alloy hubs are stable and reliable and combine with Bontrager R1 Hard-Case Lite 25mm tyres for precise, comfortable riding. The Émonda carbon fork, with a tapered steerer, reduces vibration, improving both comfort and feel, so that your handling isn’t compromised by road buzz.
- Carbon looks and handling, alloy price point: Invisible Weld Technology creates a better connection at each junction, with shaped tubes for improved aesthetics
- Lightweight Trek 300 Series Alpha Aluminium is hydroformed into size-specific tubes for the perfect balance of stiffness and weight
- Émonda carbon fork with tapered steerer
- Direct mount rim brakes connect directly to the frame, reducing redundant parts and improving overall braking performance
- Bontrager Blendr stem technology enables total customisation of essential gear with a clean look
- Shares the geometry of the highest end Émonda racing bikes
- Internal cable routing reduces wear-and-tear whilst improving the overall sleek appearance
- FRAME: Trek Ultralight 300 Series Alpha Aluminium, Invisible Weld Technology, tapered head tube, BB86.5, direct mount rim brakes, internal cable routing, DuoTrap S compatible
- FORK: Trek Émonda carbon, tapered steerer, direct mount rim brakes
- STEM: Bontrager Elite, 31.8 mm, 7-degree, with computer and light mounts
- HANDLEBAR: Bontrager Comp VR-C, 31.8 mm
- BAR TAPE: Bontrager tape
- FRONT BRAKE: Shimano 105 direct mount
- REAR BRAKE: Shimano 105 direct mount
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: Shimano 105, braze-on
- REAR DERAILLEUR: Shimano 105
- SHIFT LEVERS: Shimano 105, 11- speed
- CASSETTE: Shimano 105, 11-28, 11- speed
- CHAIN: Shimano 105
- CRANKSET: Shimano 105, 50/34 (compact)
- BOTTOM BRACKET: Press Fit BB86.5
- PEDALS: N/A
- FRONT WHEEL: Bontrager Affinity Tubeless Ready , alloy hub
- REAR WHEEL: Bontrager Affinity Tubeless Ready, alloy hub
- FRONT TYRE: Bontrager R1 Hard-Case Lite, 700x 25c
- REAR TYRE: Bontrager R1 Hard-Case Lite, 700x 25c
- SADDLE: Bontrager Montrose Comp, chromoly rails
- SEATPOST: Bontrager alloy, 2-bolt head, 27.2 mm, 8 mm offset
- WEIGHT: 56cm - 8.75kg (19.3 lbs)
PRODUCT REF: 934441
Requesting the size guide for this item.
Write a review to be in with a chance of winning a £50 Sigma Sports eGift
Voucher. Learn more