Trek Madone SL 6 Road Bike 2019
Aerodynamic, light, stiff and compliant; introducing the Trek Madone SL 6 Road Bike. Boasting the same performance attributes and ride quality as every Madone model, the SL 6 comes with a standard stem and aero bar for improved adjustability and the ability to add clip-on bars for time trials and triathlons. Made not only for riding fast, this is a bike that looks the part, with incredible aesthetics and sleek lines, enhanced by internal cable routing.
The frame itself is constructed from Trek's patented 500 Series OCLV (Optimum Compaction Low Void—process) carbon. Incorporating 25 years of experience building carbon fibre bikes, this material is stiff and strong while retaining a low weight. The Madone IsoSpeed decoupler increases vertical compliance significantly, allowing the seat tube to rotate independently from the top-tube-to-seatstay junction with no compromise on pedalling efficiency. KVF (Kammtail Virtual Foil) tube shapes were developed using Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) and are highly aerodynamic.
The fork features KVF legs that minimise drag, and moulded carbon dropouts that reduce weight. This fork design is laterally stiff and ensures handling is super sharp and responsive. A micro-adjust seat mast lowers weight, improves strength and aerodynamics and is simple to use. You'll be able to dial in your lowest-profile position with ease.
The geometry is designed around Trek's H2 fit, one that suits the majority of riders - both amateurs and pros - and will position you optimally for power transfer and performance.
Built up with a Shimano Ultegra drivetrain, you can be sure of fast, smooth and precise shifting across the range of gears - with plenty of options for long, steep climbs and fast descents. Madone brakes are seamlessly integrated into the frame, cutting drag, increasing speed and shaving off extra grams. Both brake and shift cables are internally routed for sleek aesthetics and an aerodynamic advantage. Vector Wings ensure the leading cables and front brake caliper are enclosed, so everything possible is hidden away from the wind.
Kitted out with Bontrager Aeolus Comp wheels and R2 Hard-Case Lite 25mm clinchers, you'll roll fast and smooth. If you're looking to convert to tubeless, these wheels are ready to do just that.
- 500 Series OCLV frame for a balance of low weight, strength and stiffness
- Trek IsoSpeed decoupler allows the seat tube to rotate independently from the top-to-seatstay junction, increasing vertical compliance
- KVF (Kammtail Virtual Foil) aerodynamic fork and tube shapes
- Bontrager Blendr compatible stem so you can clip your gear directly on for clean looks and user friendliness
- Shimano Ultegra drivetrain and integrated Madone brakes
- FRAME: Trek 500 Series OCLV Carbon, KVF (Kammtail Virtual Foil) tube shape, Madone Rear IsoSpeed, Micro-adjust seatmast, tapered head tube, BB90, direct mount rim brakes, invisible cable routing, control centre, precision water bottle placement, Aero 3S chain keeper, DuoTrap S compatible
- FORK: Trek Madone KVF full carbon, carbon tapered steerer, carbon dropouts, Madone integrated brake
- STEM: Bontrager Pro, 31.8 mm, 7-degree, with computer and light mounts
- HANDLEBAR: Bontrager Elite Aero VR-CF, 31.8 mm
- FRONT BRAKE: Trek Madone aero, integrated
- REAR BRAKE: Trek Madone aero, integrated
- BRAKE LEVERS: Shimano Ultegra
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: Shimano Ultegra, braze-on
- REAR DERAILLEUR: Shimano Ultegra
- SHIFT LEVERS: Shimano Ultegra, 11 speed
- CASSETTE: Shimano Ultegra, 11-28, 11-speed
- CRANKSET: Shimano Ultegra, 50/34 (compact)
- FRONT WHEEL: Bontrager Aeolus Comp, Tubeless-ready
- REAR WHEEL: Bontrager Aeolus Comp, Tubeless-ready
- FRONT TYRE: Bontrager R2 Hard-Case Lite, 700x25c, clincher
- REAR TYRE: Bontrager R2 Hard-Case Lite, 700x25c, clincher
- SADDLE: Bontrager Montrose Comp, chromoly rails
- SEATPOST: Trek Madone Micro-adjust carbon seatmast cap, 25mm offset
- WEIGHT: 56cm - 8.2kg
PRODUCT REF: 910533
Write a review to be in with a chance of winning a £50 Sigma Sports eGift
Voucher. Learn more