Zipp 454 NSW Carbon Tubeless Disc Brake Front Wheel
Fusing a state of the art aerodynamic design with advanced materials via the finest manufacturing techniques, the Zipp 454 NSW Carbon Tubeless Disc Brake Front Wheel infuses speed into any riding scenario. From powering up climbs to soloing against the clock, the 454 will provide any rider of any style with a clinically accurate and efficient performance.
A responsive and hardy rim body is realised in a lightweight construction thanks to the use of premier carbon materials and resins. This carbon composition is expertly sculpted into a radical Sawtooth rim profile that has several Hyperfoil undulations along its inner edge that manipulate the airflow to reduce drag and drastically increase crosswind stability across a multitude of yaw angles. A dimpled surface that follows a HexFin pattern supplements the advanced rim shape by smoothing the airflow across the rim’s surface to increase speed further.
The broad internal rim width interacts with tubeless-ready or standard clincher tyres by coercing them into a superior cross-sectional profile that, in turn, elicits an increased air volume and a shorter but broader tyre-to-road impression. These traits realise lower rolling resistance, boosted compliance and magnified cornering traction.
A Center Lock disc interface ensures a solid braking sensation while the smooth and durable bearings of the Cognition hub bestow long-lasting, high-level performance. The build is brought together by the renowned Sapim CX-Ray spokes and these, along with an evenly tensioned, 2-cross lacing pattern, grant strength and dependability.
- 12mm hub end caps
- Center Lock lock ring
- A multifaceted wheel that performs across a huge scope of fast paced riding scenarios
- The full carbon rim is realised from the finest materials to promote a high stiffness to weight ratio and robustness
- Undulating 53/58mm deep Sawtooth rim profile features nature-inspired Hyperfoil undulations that have been engineered to lower drag and dramatically increase crosswind stability
- HexFin ABLC dimples and ridges smooth the airflow across the rim’s surface to further lower drag
- Wide internal rim width reduces tyre rolling resistance, improves comfort and enhances cornering grip
- Tubeless-ready or standard clincher compatibility opens up use to a huge range of tyre setups
- Cognition DB hub has a Center Lock disc interface and super smooth bearings
- Sapim CX-Ray spokes and a neat lacing pattern provide even tensions and a durable build
- Tyre compatibility: Tubeless-ready clincher or standard clincher
- Wheel size: 700c
- Rim: Full carbon rim with a Sawtooth profile and HexFin ABLC rim surface dimples
- Rim profile: Symmetrical
- Rim finish: UD fibre, Impress technology
- Rim depth: 53/58mm
- Internal rim width: 19mm
- Rim internal format: Hooked
- Spokes: Sapim CX-Ray
- Spoke lacing pattern: 2-Cross
- Spoke count: 24
- Hub: Zipp Cognition
- Bearings: Cartridge - stainless steel
- Brake compatibility: Disc
- Front axle: 12mm x 100mm thru-axle compatible
- Recommended tyre size: 23mm and above
- Maximum tire pressure: 125psi
- Maximum recommended rider weight: 113kg/250lbs
- Manufacturer claimed weight: 860 grams (based on a 12mm thru-axle configuration with no rim tape or valves included)
- Warranty: Lifetime
Unable to display Reviews due to Privacy Settings.
Adjust your Cookie Preferences to Opt-in "YES" to "Functional Cookies".