Zipp 808 Firecrest Carbon Tubeless Disc Brake Wheelset
The Zipp 808 Firecrest Carbon Tubeless Disc Brake Wheelset is the result of a relentless quest for speed and promotes performance in any event that sees a battle against the clock. Whether going for the podium in the IronMan World Championships or seeking that elusive PB in the local evening time trial, the 808 Firecrest will help any rider achieve their goals.
82mm deep rims are crafted from the finest carbon materials and resins to deliver laterally rigid, robust and low mass structures. Featuring a profile that has been sculpted via countless hours of aerodynamic research the rims grant tremendously low drag numbers across a full sweep of yaw angles. The ABLC rim surface dimples facilitate even more speed by smoothing the airflow around and away from the rims in a clean and crisp pattern.
Tubeless-tyre and standard clincher tyre compatibility are offered with the broad internal rim measurement forcing either into a superior cross-sectional profile. This advanced tyre silhouette grants a higher air volume and an altered tyre-to-road contact patch to provide lower rolling resistance, increased cornering grip and maximised comfort levels.
The ZR1 hubs are designed purely around disc brake use and have the sturdy Center Lock disc interface to promote a confidence-inspiring braking sensation. Super smooth, sealed bearings provide long-lasting performance while the 66 point engagement freehub mechanism awards a rapid response to power input. The build is finally brought together by the reliable and strong Sapim CX-Sprint spokes in evenly tensioned 2-cross lacing patterns.
- 12mm hub end caps
- Center Lock lock rings
- Conceived to elicit the fastest possible performance when riding against the clock in time trial or triathlon events
- The full carbon rims are realised from the finest materials to promote a high stiffness to weight ratio
- 82mm deep, aerodynamically refined rim profile simultaneously lowers drag and improves crosswind stability
- ABLC dimples smooth the airflow across the rim surfaces to further lower drag
- Tubeless-ready or standard clincher compatibility opens up use to a huge range of tyre setups
- ZR1 DB hubs are Center Lock compatible, have super smooth bearings, durable seals and a 66 point freehub engagement for enhanced pedalling response
- Sapim CX-Sprint spokes and neat lacing patterns provide even tensions and a durable build
- Tyre compatibility: Tubeless-ready clincher or standard clincher
- Wheel size: 700c
- Rim: Full carbon with an aerodynamically refined profile and ABLC rim surface dimples
- Rim profile: Symmetrical
- Rim finish: UD fibre, adhesive decals
- Rim depth: 82mm
- Internal rim width: 19mm
- Rim internal format: Hooked
- Spokes: Sapim CX-Sprint
- Spoke lacing pattern: Front: 2-cross / Rear: 2-cross
- Spoke counts: Front: 24 / Rear: 24
- Hubs: Front: ZR1 Disc Brake / Rear: ZR1 Disc Brake with 66 tooth engagement freehub
- Bearings: Cartridge - stainless steel
- Freehub compatibility: SRAM XDR or Shimano HG/SRAM Road 11 speed
- Brake compatibility: Disc
- Disc standard: Center Lock
- Front axle: 12mm x 100mm thru-axle compatible
- Rear axle: 12mm x 142mm thru-axle compatible
- Recommended tyre size: 23mm and above
- Max tyre pressure: 125psi
- Max recommended rider weight: 113kg/250lbs
- Manufacturer claimed weight: Front: 898 grams / Rear: 1019 grams / Wheelset: 1917 grams (based on an XDR, 12mm thru-axle configuration with no rim tape or valves included)
- Warranty: Lifetime
Forgotten Your Password?
Please enter your registered email address below and we'll send you an email explaining the next step.
Select a store
Select the store you visit most frequently below and their stock information will show on product pages.