2XU Pro Swimrun SR1 Wetsuit
An incredibly technical garment, the 2XU Pro Swimrun SR1 Wetsuit has been designed from the ground up specifically for Swimrun, the latest genre of multisport that is rapidly growing within the endurance community. Speed in the water and comfort on the run are essential when participating in this new sport, so the Pro Swimrun SR1 facilitates these prerequisites via a gamut of comprehensive features.
An ergonomic fit is facilitated by a multi-panel construction that features several different materials all chosen and positioned to improve performance, comfort and endurance. The primary composition of this wetsuit is Yamamoto Limestone neoprene which possesses a highly flexible, closed-cell structure. This core material is faced in critical areas by Hyper Stretch double-sided nylon to promote increased swimming speeds before a thinner Hyper-Flex material is utilised under the arms and on the shoulders for unrivalled freedom of movement. Double-sided nylon, abrasion-resistant panels then feature on the back to increase durability while upper leg buoyancy inserts and rollbars further enhance in-the-water prowess.
When out of the water, comfortable running is promoted by the supple and elastic hip and pelvis panels that don’t bind, bunch or chafe and are completely unrestrictive to resist premature fatigue. A long and durable zip is then placed on the front, rather than on the usual back position, specifically to increase ventilation when running in warmer conditions.
A large rear pocket for stowing race essentials and on-the-fly energy gels then completes what is a meticulously designed garment.
- Yamamoto limestone neoprene: The primary material used within the wetsuit for increased comfort and range of movement
- Hyper Stretch double-sided nylon material surface: for durability and speed through the water
- Hyper Flex 1.5mm shoulder and underarm panels: for unrivalled swim flexibility
- Rear panel double-sided nylon: for abrasion resistance over rough terrain
- 8mm upper leg buoyancy inserts
- Rollbar inserts: for increased balance and greater distance with each swim stroke
- Flexible hip and pelvis panels: for flexibility on the run
- Large rear pocket: to hold race essentials
- Long front zip: easily accessible for increased ventilation