DT Swiss FR 560 SBWT 32 hole 29” Disc Rim
Designed specifically for downhill racing, the DT Swiss FR 560 SBWT 32 hole 29” Disc Rim is both strong and light, whilst offering a 30mm internal width that works to support wider tyres better. This width provides excellent support and stability for the tyre when cranked over in the corners and gives greater volume too.
The use of standard eyelets makes maintenance and spoke replacement simpler, and introduces a small element of flex into the rim that helps grip and control. It has 32 spoke holes and has been drilled for use with Presta valves.
Image for illustration only, this is a 29” rim.
- With over half the Downhill World Cup pits running DT Swiss wheel components, no one else has more experience and knowledge in making dedicated DH race hoops
- With a new generation of 2.5”, high volume DH rubber now hitting the slopes, the time is right for DH to embrace the advantages of full 30mm wide rims
- The FR 560 is one of the first of these, designed from the ground up as a DH race model, it offers monstrous strength and impact resistance but extensive testing has lead to a rim that's the same weight as the old 570 despite being wider
- The FR 560 uses standard eyelets, the reasons for this are twofold; firstly it makes it easier to source replacement nipples when you're racing tomorrow
- Secondly; with a rim that's already this stiff the PHR system used for the lighter DT Swiss models is simply overkill and using standard eyelets adds a small amount of flex into the wheel system for added control and grip in technical sections and corners
- ERD: 601mm
- Inner width: 30mm
- Outer width: 35mm
- Height: 21mm
- 32 hole
- Presta drilled
- Manufacturer’s claimed weight: 635 grams