DT Swiss TK 540 Touring SBWT Rim
DT Swiss’ TK 540 Touring SBWT Rim uses a double eyelet construction for strength and to help distribute pressure more evenly. This allows wheels built using these rims to have a spoke tension that is up to 4% higher than a standard rim. SBWT (Strength Boost Welding Technology) also increases strength, to the extent that DT Swiss recommend these for use on laden touring bikes and heavy E-bikes. They are designed for use with rim brakes and so have a machined sidewall for strong braking, with wear indicator to show when the rim is in need of replacement.
- 700c diameter
- Road touring or E-bike rim designed to DT Swiss' exacting specifications
- SBWT (Strength Boost Welding Technology) creates a perfectly welded join for a durable, reliable rim
- Machined sidewalls for powerful braking on a consistent sidewall surface
- Wear indicators show the extent of sidewall wear
- Perfectly aligned stainless steel spoke double eyelets distribute stress evenly and allow for 4% higher spoke tensions than normal rims
- Higher torsional rigidity due to an optimised rim profile
- Unique process for the black coating produces a tough and durable finish
- Total integration of all wheel components is possible: rims, hubs and spokes all from DT Swiss
- Presta drilling
- Claimed manufacturer’s weight: 540 grams
Forgotten Your Password?
Please enter your registered email address below and we'll send you an email explaining the next step.
Select a store
Select the store you visit most frequently below and their stock information will show on product pages.