Garmin Edge 520 GPS Computer Speed, Cadence + Heart Rate Sensor Bundle
Garmin welcomes you to the next level of bike computers with the Garmin Edge 520 GPS Computer Speed, Cadence + Heart Rate Sensor Bundle. With live in-ride Strava segments (Strava Premium membership required) you can really get competitive in your riding and not have to wait until you get back home to crown yourself KOM.
The new optimised display has been maximised in relation to the device's size so you get the clearest possible readout while you ride.
ANT+ compatibility is also fundamental to the 520's integrated performance. The 520 can be paired with the Varia bike radar, ANT+ enabled lights, the included speed and cadence sensors and heart rate monitors as well as the VIRB action camera (sold separately). It can also be paired with your Di2 electronic shifting system so your current gear can be displayed on-screen. ANT+ power meters can also be paired with the 520 for in ride power readouts.
As if this wasn't enough data at your fingertips, the Edge 520 also report cycling-specific VO2 max and recovery time when used with power and heart rate monitors. When integrated with Garmin's Vector or Vector 2 pedals the Edge 520 can provide functional threshold power, watts/kilograms so you can well and truly train like a pro.
When paired with your smartphone and the Garmin Connect mobile app the Edge 530 can offer live tracking, alerts social media sharing and weather updates.
Need some motivation to get through those lonely miles on the indoor trainer? Edge 520 delivers with a suite of training capabilities when paired with compatible ANT+ indoor trainers. Let’s say you want to train at an average power of 240 watts. Just set the target on Edge 520, start pedalling, and the trainer will automatically adjust to keep you at your target while the 520 shows your stats.
You can also follow a course that you or another rider created and literally race the recorded stats, with the trainer adjusting the resistance to match the elevation profile. Why even leave the house?
When you do finally venture outside, the rugged form factor and 15+ hours of battery life makes the Edge 520 perfect for even the most extreme of off-road excursions and with GPS/GLONASS satellite signalling, getting lost will be a thing of the past.
Although the Edge 520 can be set up for automatic uploads of your activity, when you finish your ride you can connect the Edge 520 to Garmin's Connect service where you can track, map and upload all of your routes and data while also uploading it to other third party services.
Included in the Box:
- Edge 520 Bike Computer
- Heart rate monitor
- Cadence sensor
- Speed sensor
- Mounts (standard and extended out-front)
- USB cable
- Offers in-ride challenges through Strava live segments
- Reports cycling-specific VO2 max and recovery time when used with a power metre and the included heart rate monitor
- Pairs with compatible ANT+® indoor trainers for data display and control
- Tracks Functional Threshold Power (FTP), watts/kg and cycling dynamics when used with Vector™ or Vector 2 power meters
- Connected features: automatic uploads, live tracking, smart notifications, send/receive courses, social media sharing, weather
- Weight 60 grams
- Dimensions: 4.9 x 7.3 x 2.1 cm
- Screen dimensions: 3.5 x 4.7 cm
- Display resolution: 200 x 265 pixels
- Included speed and cadence sensor and heart rate monitor