Garmin Edge 820 GPS Computer Head Unit
Fully track and map your ride with the Garmin Edge 820 GPS Computer Head Unit. The much-anticipated bike computer from Garmin puts a wide range of features at your fingertips with a capacity touch screen that works through wet conditions and when using gloves. An ambient light sensor automatically adjusts the screen's brightness so it's easy to see at a glance whether it's glaring sunshine or the deep dark night.
Keep track of your fellow group riders with the new GroupTrack feature
What this 2.3-inch high-resolution screen shows you is a whole world of live and trackable data as well as neat new features like GroupTrack. When paired with a compatible smartphone, GroupTrack allows you to pair your device through Garmin Connect so you can keep track of your friends and ride partners out on the road. If you've been separated from your group or you're all looking to congregate along a route, the GroupTrack feature allows you to easily keep track of up to 50 other riders.
Unparalleled data tracking and recording
The Garmin Edge 820 offers the most comprehensive suite of data points and tracking variables to date with compatibility with ANT+ sensors, including Garmin's Vector power pedal system. With an addition of a heart rate monitor (available separately), you can gain access to a variety of physiological data including advanced cycling specific metrics like VO2 max and a recovery advisory.
Connect, share and compare
You can customise the screen layout to show whatever combination of data fields and information you prefer with free custom data fields and apps available to download. When your ride is over all of this data can be fully analysed using the free Garmin Connect software, which allows you to keep track of how you perform.
Garmin Connect and a live connection to your smartphone whilst you are out on the ride also allows you to stay connected to the rest of the world with smart notifications, live tracking, social media sharing and automatic uploads to Garmin Connect and third-party services like Strava and Training Peaks. Speaking of Strava, The Edge 820 features live Strava segments so you instantly know how you are performing against your friends and the rest of the cycling world.
Map your ride
Even with all of this tracking, navigation has not been overlooked. The GPS allows for turn-by-turn navigation and Garmin's Cycle Map provides you with routable road and bike paths as well as elevation data. Points of interest and an address search are also included so wherever you are heading, the Edge 820 can take you there. The Edge 820 even has a round trip feature that selects a route appropriate to how far you want to ride and where you want to start and finish.
The Edge 820 utilises GPS and GLONASS satellites to locate your position. By using this system The Edge 820 is not reliant on phone signal like many other bike computers, meaning you can rely on the computer being able to locate you quickly and precisely.
Garmin has awarded the Edge 820 an IPX7 water resistance rating, which means it is capable of withstanding splashes, rain showers and incidental exposure to water up to one metre deep for up to 30 minutes.
Increase your situational awareness with Varia compatibility
Integration with Garmin's Varia accessories (available separately) offers incident detection capabilities that send your location to an emergency contact if you are involved in an incident (requires smartphone connection). Compatibility with items like the Varia rearview radar (available separately) allows the Edge 820 to boast unparalleled awareness of your surroundings.
Edge 820 unique features not available on the Edge 820 Explore:
Wi-Fi, ambient light sensor, power meter/Di2/smart trainer compatibility, VO2 and recovery adviser, time in zone and cycling dynamics, FTP/Watts per KG tracking, lactate threshold, virtual partner, live Strava segments, workouts and training plan compatibility.
- Edge 820
- Extended out-front mount
- USB cable
- Lightweight and compact with 2.3-inch high-resolution, capacitive touch display that works with gloves and when wet
- GroupTrack feature keeps tabs on everyone in your riding pack
- Advanced performance monitoring includes VO2 max, recovery advisor, Strava live segments, FTP, performance condition and advanced cycling dynamics
- Built-in incident detection included; compatible with cycling awareness accessories such as Varia Vision™, Varia™ smart bike lights and rearview radar
- Bike-specific navigation preloaded with Garmin Cycle Map for turn-by-turn navigation
- Compatible with Varia™ bike radar and lights: Yes
- Edge® remote compatibility
- Advanced performance and power analysis, including VO2 max, FTP/Watts/kg tracking, Performance condition/lactate threshold/stress score as well as advanced cycling dynamics, GroupTrack, in-ride challenges through Strava live segments and connected features
- Bike trainer profile for compatible Turbo trainer data display and control
- On-device segment compatibility for dynamic and engaging in-ride competition
- Operating temperature: -20°C to +55°C
- Connected features via a smartphone
- Compatible with Garmin Connect™ and Garmin Connect™ Mobile
- Integration with Shimano Di2 electronic shifting
- Weather alerts
- Wi-Fi® compatible
- Ambient light
- Round-trip routing
- Route planner
- Training plans/workouts
- Connect IQ™ store compatible
- Touchscreen colour display
- Audio prompts
- ANT+™ electronic shifting compatibility
- Up to 15 hours GPS training mode; up to 24 hours UltraTrac mode
- Weight: 67.7g
- Physical dimensions: 73.0 x 49.0 x 21.0 mm
- Display resolution, WxH: 200 x 265 pixels
- Colour: Black/Silver