Mavic Allroad Pro Carbon SL Disc R+ 650b Wheelset 2021
With their sophisticated carbon construction and robust design, the Allroad Pro Carbon SL Disc R+ 650b Wheelset is the perfect choice for the rider who likes to venture deeper into the wilderness, where the gravel tracks and dirt paths are at their roughest.
The rims are realised in a refined grade of super-light carbon fibre that naturally lends significant quantities of lateral stiffness and impact resistance for a lively character whether climbing the steepest gradients or navigating the roughest descents. The smaller 650b rim size affords a more nimble steering response that is ideal for more technical terrain. The smaller circumference also means that wider, grippier and more comfortable tyres can be used while still providing plenty of clearance through a frameset’s stays and fork blades.
A 26mm internal rim width with a hookless format perfectly supports the sidewalls of wider tubeless-ready tyres to help them realise lower rolling resistance and heightened traction over loose riding surfaces. At the same time, this broader, hookless internal format allows lower inflation pressures to be used with less risk of bottoming out and is more resilient over very rough ground.
A burly aluminium hub shell provides a sturdy foundation for the strong steel spokes to anchor into allowing for optimally equalised spoke tensions that in turn afford better power transfer and precise disc brake modulation.
- Mavic Allroad Pro Carbon SL Disc R+ 650b Wheelset
- Front QR adapters
- Rear QR adapters for Instant Drive 360
- UST tubeless-ready tyre valves and accessories
- User guide
- A super light but incredibly robust carbon wheelset for gravel races and epic adventures over variable terrain
- Full carbon rims are optimised to blend low weight, lateral stiffness and impact resistance
- 650b rim size helps wider tyres fit in framesets, providing better traction and control
- The smaller 650b rim size promotes more nimble handling for technical terrain
- 26mm internal rim width mates perfectly with very wide tyres (up to 60mm width) to lower rolling resistance and permit lower tyre inflation pressures
- Hookless inner rim format is designed for perfect mating with tubeless-ready tyres
- Aluminium hub shells are light, strong and provide a stable base for spokes to anchor into
- Hub automatic bearing preload adjustment gives added bearing durability
- Instant Drive 360 freehub provide fast engagement under acceleration
- 24 spokes, front and rear, evenly distribute disc braking forces and provide heightened dependability over rough surfaces
- Tyre compatibility: UST tubeless-ready clincher
- Wheel size: 650b
- Rim: 100% superlight unidirectional carbon fibre
- Rim profile: Symmetrical
- Rim finish: All black, satin surface
- Rim depth: 28mm
- Internal rim width: 26mm
- Rim internal format: Hookless
- Spokes: Mavic steel straight pull, flat, double-butted
- Spoke count: Front - 24 / Rear - 24
- Spoke lacing pattern: Front - two-cross / Rear - Isolpulse
- Hubs: Front - Mavic aluminium disc brake / Rear - Mavic aluminium disc brake with Instant Drive 360 freehub
- Freehub compatibility: SRAM XDR or Shimano HG/SRAM Road 11-speed
- Brake compatibility: Disc Center Lock
- Front axle: 12mm x 100mm thru-axle compatible
- Rear axle: 12mm x 142mm thru-axle compatible
- Recommended tyre size: 44mm to 60mm
- Maximum tyre pressure: See indication on wheel and tyre. If they differ, use the lowest of the two
- Maximum recommended rider weight: 120kg/265lbs (including rider, bike and any other luggage)
- Manufacturer claimed weight: Front: 725 grams / Rear: 825 grams / Wheelset: 1,550 grams
Forgotten Your Password?
Please enter your registered email address below and we'll send you an email explaining the next step.
Select a store
Select the store you visit most frequently below and their stock information will show on product pages.