Mavic Cosmic Ultimate Tubular Wheelset
Mavic describe their 2019 Cosmic Ultimate Tubular Wheelset as the Formula One of road racing wheels, and for good reason. Combining incredible stiffness and heightened aerodynamics, these featherweight wheels have been proven in the UCI World Tour by the sport’s top athletes.
The unidirectional carbon spokes eliminate flex through stretching, while their design runs directly from the edge of the rim to that of the hub, boosting stiffness and aerodynamics immensely. An asymmetric rear rim balances spoke tension, meaning the wheel can withstand the heaviest lateral loads during sprints and attacks.
The rims have been moulded entirely from carbon fibre to reduce weight, while their 25mm width allows a perfect fit with 25mm tyres. At 40mm deep the rims also strike the sweet spot between aerodynamic efficiency and cross-wind stability, ideal for all day riding.
Finished with Mavic’s unique iTgMax Technology, the Cosmic's provide optimal braking performance in both the wet and dry, while the thin carbon hub flanges further cut weight.
- Tubular rim brake specific wheelset
- Wheel size: 700c
- Rim: 3K carbon fibre with carbon with iTgMAX technology brake track
- Rim depth: 40mm deep and 25mm wide rims integrate perfectly with 25mm or wider tires
- Spokes: crossed 2 front and rear drive side, radial non-drive side
- Spoke count: 20 front and rear
- Disc standard: N/A
- Front axle: Quick Release only
- Rear axle: Quick Release only
- Recommended tyre size: 23 to 32 mm
- Max. Pressure: 23mm 8.7 bars - 125 psi, 25/28mm 7.7 bars - 110 psi
- Weight: Pair without tyres: 1250 grams, front without tyre: 555 grams, rear without tyre: 695 grams
- Compatibility: Shimano/SRAM, convertible to Campagnolo with optional driver body available to purchase separately
- Mavic recommends that the total weight supported by the wheels don't exceed 120kg, bike included
- Includes: BR601 Titanium quick releases, Multifunction adjustment wrench, Carbon brake pads, User guide