Mavic Ksyrium SL Clincher Wheelset 2021
Amalgamating a refined aluminium rim construction with several key design traits, the Mavic Ksyrium SL Clincher Wheelset lends a multifaceted performance that is suitable for conquering all manner of topography whether mountainous or flat.
Mavic’s ISM 4D aluminium rim concept locates extra material around the spoke holes where peak loads are experienced during riding but shaves unnecessary ballast from elsewhere to improve the stiffness to weight ratio markedly. Fore technology is also integrated into the construction by threading the spoke nipples directly into the rim body. This process negates the need to drill the upper rim bridge, significantly increasing rim strength and safety. The solid upper rim bridge cancels the need for rim tape, whether using tubeless-ready or standard clincher tyres, saving 30 grams of rotational weight.
A 19mm internal rim width provides extra support to the sidewalls of tyres, aiding them in realising increased comfort, more cornering traction and lower rolling resistance. The rims spin around Mavic’s Infinity hubs that possess sophisticated flange configurations to equalise spoke tensions for heightened power transfer and durability. The aero spokes are double-butted to increased strength and save five watts per wheel thanks to their elliptical profiles.
- BR601 quick releases
- UST tubeless-ready tyre valves and accessories
- User guide
- A light, durable and versatile wheelset designed for everyday performance
- Aluminium rims are manipulated via ISM 4D technology to bring their weight down to just 400 grams while maintaining lateral stiffness
- Fore Technology increases the rims strength by threading the spoke nipples directly into the rim, negating the need to drill the upper rim bridge
- The solid upper rim bridge/tyre bed means that no rim tape is required, saving 30 grams
- 19mm internal rim width lowers tyre rolling resistance and improves comfort
- Tubeless-ready and standard clincher tyre compatible
- Infinity hubs are light and increase power transfer and durability by optimising spoke tensions
- Hub automatic bearing preload adjustment gives added bearing durability
- Instant Drive 360 freehub provide fast engagement under acceleration
- Patented elliptical aero spokes are strong and dependable and reduce drag by five watts per wheel
- Tyre compatibility: UST tubeless-ready clincher or standard clincher
- Wheel size: 700c
- Rim: Maxtal aluminium with Fore Technology
- Rim profile: ISM 4D
- Rim finish: All black, satin surface
- Rim depth: 22mm
- Internal rim width: 19mm
- Rim internal format: Hooked
- Spokes: Mavic steel straight pull, elliptical aero, double-butted
- Spoke count: Front - 18 / Rear - 20
- Spoke lacing pattern: Front - radial / Rear - Isopulse
- Hubs: Front - Mavic Infinity / Rear - Mavic Infinity with Instant Drive 360 freehub
- Freehub compatibility: Shimano HG/SRAM Road 11-speed
- Brake compatibility: Standard rim brake caliper
- Braking surface: Aluminium UB Control
- Recommended tyre size: 25mm to 32mm
- Maximum tyre pressure: See indication on wheel and tyre. If they differ, use the lowest of the two
- Maximum recommended rider weight: 120kg/265lbs (including rider, bike and any other luggage)
- Manufacturer claimed weight: Front: 645 grams / Rear: 835 grams / Wheelset: 1,480 grams
Forgotten Your Password?
Please enter your registered email address below and we'll send you an email explaining the next step.
Select a store
Select the store you visit most frequently below and their stock information will show on product pages.