Mavic XA Elite MTB Wheelset 2018
Prepared to tackle hard hitting trails, the Mavic XA Elite 29 MTB Wheelset 2018 has been honed and developed to meet the demands of modern day trails, with excellent agility, durability and comfort.
Forged with an ISM 4D machined Maxtal aluminium rim that boasts a great strength to weight ratio, Mavic has ensured their wheelset lasts the long haul on aggressive trail sessions. Reducing inertia, the ISM 4D process delivers a rim that is comfortably compliant with the ability to dampen high impacts and rough terrains so you can shred for further and longer. The 25mm featured rim width assures speed craving riders of confidence boosting traction through fast corners and tricky trails thanks to its compatibility with wider tyres.
Excelling up steep climbs flawlessly, the ITS-4 hub encompasses four reliable pawls that work efficiently to achieve quick power transmissions with each and every rider input, resulting in quick accelerations; this wheelset conquers an array of trail conditions.
Keeping up with modern tyre advancements, Mavic have incorporated a UST rim design that accommodates both clincher and tubeless tyres. With the versatility to utilise a tubeless setup, you can experience the full potential of this wheelset, with possibilities of enhanced traction, comfort and significantly reduced punctures.
- Tubeless rim tape
- UST valve and accessories
Please note: Mavic wheels have a +/- 5% variance in weight. For a longer longevity of the wheel, Mavic recommends that the total weight supported by the wheels don't exceed 120kg, bike included.
- Material: Maxtal aluminium
- Drilling: Traditional
- Weight reduction: SUP welding, ISM 4D machined
- Brake: 6 bolt disc
- Valve hole diameter: 6.5mm
- Tyre: UST Tubeless and clincher
- ETRTO size: 29"/ 622x25TSS
- Internal width: 25mm
- Recommended tyre sizes: 60mm to 81mm (2.35" to 3.2")
- Spoke material: Steel
- Shape: Straight pull, flat, double butted
- Lacing: Crossed 2 front and rear
- Front and rear hub: Sealed cartridge bearings (QRM Auto)
- Freewheel: Shimano/ SRAM or SRAM XD
- Axle material: Aluminium
- Freewheel: ITS-4 alloy
- Hub widths: Boost (front 110mm, rear 148mm) or Non-Boost (front 100mm, rear 142mm)
- ASTM category: 3/ cross country and trail riding
- Weight: 1770 grams pair, 815 grams front, 955 grams rear
- Please note: Wheels have a +/- 5% variance in weight
PRODUCT REF: 772241
Write a review to be in with a chance of winning a £50 Sigma Sports eGift
Voucher. Learn more