Shimano ST-R7170 105 Double Hydraulic Di2 STI Left Lever
Bringing rapid, effortless electronic shifting to Shimano’s 105 groupset, the ST-R7170 Double Hydraulic Di2 STI Left Lever controls the front derailleur, moving the chain between chainrings with minimal effort.
With the levers in the same position as they are in the mechanical version, the operation is identical, except that far less effort is needed on the rider’s part. The system automatically trims the front derailleur so that it never rubs the chain, regardless of which rear sprocket is selected. There is also the option to select semi-synchronised shifting so that the rear derailleur compensates for front shifts or synchro shift, whereby both front and rear derailleurs can move when a gear shift is actuated in order to best maintain the desired cadence.
The shifter connects wirelessly to the derailleurs and wiring loom within the frame, so fitting and set up is simpler. The levers themselves are large, textured and easy to locate with plenty of reach adjust to suit all hand sizes. As with mechanical shifters, the levers also operate the hydraulic disc brakes with the reservoir hidden in the hoods and pad clearance automatically adjusts to maintain brake feel and performance as the pads wear down.
- Great value 105 wireless hydraulic disc brake Di2 STIs give control, modulation and power with minimal effort in all riding conditions
- Left lever operates the front Di2 derailleur
- Wireless connectivity to the front and rear derailleurs for effortless trouble-free gear shifts
- With Di2 technology shifting is easy and precise - just a light touch, as soft as a mouse click, is sufficient for the front or rear derailleur to instantaneously select the correct gear
- Full and semi-synchronised shifting programmable
- Synchro shift compatible meaning a single shifter can control both front and rear shifting which can be fully custom tuned to riding preferences
- Semi-synchronised shifting means when a front shift is made the rear mech will automatically correct to the appropriate ratio
- Simply pressing tactile buttons allows effortless and comfortable shifting even when your hands are cold
- Drop bar STI with shift buttons located in a near identical place to the positions on a mechanical Shimano STI
- Hydraulic brake lever provides excellent stopping power
- Hydraulic reservoir tank provides pad to rotor clearance auto-adjust maintaining braking performance during pad wear
- Finely tuneable reach adjusters for the levers enable custom fitment for all hands
- Levers use CR1632 batteries which last for approximately 1.5-2 years
Unable to display Reviews due to Privacy Settings.
Adjust your Cookie Preferences to Opt-in "YES" to "Functional Cookies".