Specialized Crux Expert Cyclocross Bike 2019
The Specialized Crux Expert Cyclocross Bike is a thoroughbred race machine, ready for the CX circuit straight out of the box. Featuring the same FACT 11r carbon fibre frameset as the top-of-the-range S-Works Crux, and fitted out with a high-performance SRAM Rival groupset and Roval carbon wheels, this is a bike sure to improve the performance of any rider, no matter their experience.
This frameset is both extremely lightweight and incredibly stiff, helping to ensure absolutely no loss of pedalling power. It also benefits from Specialized's Rider-First Engineered™ technology, which helps to ensure that every single frame tube has been perfectly optimised to deliver the same razor-sharp handling characteristics across the entire size range.
The SRAM Force groupset, meanwhile, is the perfect race-oriented option. The minimalist 1x setup provides all the functionality and performance you require while still keeping the groupset as robust and mud-proof as possible, The lack of a front derailleur, in particular, stops any build-up of mud from interfering with your drivetrain.
Specialized know that cyclocross races are won off the bike just as much as they are on it, which is why the Crux Expert features internal cable routing and a flat top tube to help make shouldering the bike a breeze. On a muddy, treacherous CX course, it's also important to have as much control through the corners as possible, which is why the SRAM Force hydraulic disc brakes are such a welcome addition - the powerful stopping performance will help you negotiate those tight turns with control and at speed.
The inclusion of a carbon fibre Roval C38 wheelset, meanwhile, is a great addition at this price point, helping keep the total weight down and also offering you the option of upgrading to a tubeless setup should you want lower tyre pressures and increase pinch flat protection. A FACT carbon fibre seatpost, meanwhile, adds a further touch of riding compliance to smooth out the harshest bumps on the course.
- Features the very same FACT 11r carbon frameset that you find on Specialized's top-of-the-line S-Works Crux
- Frameset features internal cable routing and smooth top tube for easy shouldering
- Excellent SRAM Rival groupset provides race-ready performance and supreme CX-course durability
- Carbon fibre Roval C38 wheelset is lightweight and tubeless-ready
Note: Image shown for representation of colour way only, specification subject to change at any time. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified.
- FRAME: Specialized FACT 11r carbon, Rider-First Engineered™, OSBB, 1-3/8" lower bearing, 12x142mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc
- FORK: Specialized S-Works FACT 11r carbon, 12x100mm thru-axle
- FRONT WHEEL: Roval C 38 Disc, carbon, tubeless-ready, 38mm depth, 24h
- REAR WHEEL: Roval C 38 Disc, carbon, tubeless-ready, 38mm depth, 24h
- INNER TUBES: Presta valve, 48mm
- FRONT TYRE: Specialized Tracer Pro, 2Bliss Ready, 700x33mm
- REAR TYRE: Specialized Tracer Pro, 2Bliss Ready, 700x33mm
- CRANKSET: Praxis Zayante Carbon M30, 1x direct-mount
- CHAINRINGS: Praxis Wave Tech, 40T
- BOTTOM BRACKET: Praxis M30
- SHIFT LEVERS: SRAM Force 1 hydraulic disc with ICJ
- REAR DERAILLEUR: SRAM Force 1, long cage
- CASSETTE: SRAM PG-1130, 11-32t
- CHAIN: KMC X11 EL, 11-speed with Missing Link™
- FRONT BRAKE: SRAM Force, flat-mount disc
- REAR BRAKE: SRAM Force, flat-mount disc
- HANDLEBAR: Specialized Expert Shallow Drop, alloy, 125mm drop x 75mm reach
- TAPE: Specialized CX Pro Gel
- STEM: Specialized Pro SL, alloy, 4-bolt
- SADDLE: Specialized Body Geometry Phenom Expert, Adaptive Edge design, hollow titanium rails, carbon fibre base, 143mm
- SEATPOST: Specialized S-Works FACT carbon 27.2mm, 20mm offset
- SEAT BINDER: Included with frame
- PEDALS: Nylon, 105x78x28mm, loose ball with reflectors
Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested
All our bikes are fully built, checked, tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for delivery. All you have to do is add the pedals (if included), attach the handlebars to the stem and tighten them following the included detailed instructions or by watching our video and using the provided FREE tools.
To see how you build your new bike once you receive it, please see our bike assembly page here.
Please note all bikes collected from our shop, are built, tested and ready to ride.
Please note, occasionally, manufacturers may change the specification without notice. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified.
PRODUCT REF: 891768
Write a review to be in with a chance of winning a £50 Sigma Sports eGift
Voucher. Learn more