Specialized S-Works Tarmac SL6 Road Bike 2018
Instantly conjuring victories and pro-peloton performance, Tarmac has become a name that embodies the most dedicated and driven approach to road cycling design in recent years. With the Specialized S-Works Tarmac SL6 Road Bike 2018 the latest in the line of premium performance, pedigree race machines from this world renowned brand, you can be sure of the most rider tuned, dialled in design to date.
An all-new frame design taking inspiration from the success of the Venge and Roubaix, the new Tarmac aims to be lighter, faster and smoother than it's predecessor. Constructed from Specialized's own 12r FACT carbon fibre for astounding stiffness to weight ratios, the latest Tarmac comes in at a full 200 grams lighter than the previous iteration, a truly astounding development in performance at the very highest level.
A redesigned and dropped seatstay bring this bike closer to the profile of the original Shiv Time Trial bike, sheltering the seatstays at their juncture with the seatpost and boosting the aerodynamic performance with no cost to the responsive feel of this bike. The frame incorporating for the first time a D-shaped seatpost and seat tube for improved aerodynamic prowess, this design further improves the level of comfort that you benefit from on your ride. Engineered flex added near the top of the seatpost means that you lose no power, whilst gaining crucial movement that makes those all-out efforts replicable.
Rolling on Roval CLX50 wheels for the best possible balance between lightweight responsiveness and all-out aerodynamic speed, the Tarmac SL6 benefits from a strong and high-quality carbon fibre construction, assuring you of the most direct transmission of your power possible.
Equipped with a full Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 9150 groupset for peerless electronic shifting, your riding need never suffers from mechanical misfiring again. Gliding across the rear cassette with the lightest possible action, this component choice provides supreme levels of adaptability and customisation, allowing the discerning rider the ability to call the shots.
- Designed to drill down weight to the lowest possible level
- Specialized FACT 12r carbon fibre
- Lowered seat stays for superior comfort
- Bladed seatstay tubes for enhanced rigidity and aerodynamics
- Direct mount brakeset
- Full Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 9150 groupset
- Concaved seat tube section for improved tyre clearance
- Roval CLX 50 wheelset balances weight with supreme aerodynamics
- Di2 Junction box housing on downtube
- D-Shaped seat post for comfort and aerodynamic efficiency
- Superior aerodynamic shaping brings gains on the flat
Want to learn more about this bike? Why not head over to our Hub and read our Specialized Tarmac SL6 Road Bike 2018 Review.
Please note: Image shown for representation of colourway only, specification subject to change at any time. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified.
- FRAME: Specialized S-Works Tarmac SL6, FACT 12r carbon, Rider-First Engineered™, OSBB, full internal, electronic-specific routing, internally integrated seat clamp, 130mm rear spacing
- FORK: Specialized S-Works FACT carbon
- STEM: Specialized S-Works SL, alloy, titanium bolts, 6-degree rise
- HANDLEBARS: Specialized S-Works SL Carbon Shallow Drop, 125x75mm
- TAPE: S-Wrap w/ Sticky gel
- FRONT BRAKE: Shimano Dura-Ace 9110F direct mount
- REAR BRAKE: Shimano Dura-Ace 9110RS direct mount
- BRAKE LEVERS: Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 9150
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 9150 Braze-on Front Derailleur
- REAR DERAILLEUR: Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 9150 Rear Derailleur
- SHIFT LEVERS: Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 9150, 11-speed
- CASSETTE: Shimano Dura-Ace 9100, 11-speed, 11-30t
- CHAIN: Shimano Dura-Ace, 11-speed
- CRANKSET: Specialized S-Works carbon fibre, 52/36T
- BOTTOM BRACKET: OSBB, CeramicSpeed bearings
- PEDALS: NA
- FRONT WHEEL: Roval CLX 50 Clincher
- REAR WHEEL: Roval CLX 50 Clincher
- TYRES: Specialized Turbo Cotton, 700x26mm, 320 TPI
- SADDLE: Specialized S-Works Toupé, Body Geometry shape, 143mm width, carbon rails
- SEATPOST: Specialized S-Works FACT Carbon Tarmac seatpost, 20mm offset
Built, Checked, Tuned and Tested
All our bikes are fully built, checked, tuned and tested by our Cytech qualified mechanics and then securely packaged, ready for delivery. All you have to do is add the pedals (if included), attach the handlebars to the stem and tighten them following the included detailed instructions or by watching our video and using the provided FREE tools.
To see how you build your new bike once you receive it, please see our bike assembly page here.
Please note all bikes collected from our shop, are built, tested and ready to ride.
Please note, occasionally, manufacturers may change the specification without notice. Bicycles do not come with pedals unless otherwise specified.
PRODUCT REF: 746270
Write a review to be in with a chance of winning a £50 Sigma Sports eGift
Voucher. Learn more