Wolf Tooth Components 16 Tooth Cog
With the addition of a Wolf Tooth components GC Cog, the jump between teeth on a 10-speed Shimano or SRAM 11-36 cassette becomes bigger due to the removal of either the 15t or 17t cog. By removing both of these, and fitting the 16 Tooth Cog, shifting is smoother and keeps the maximum jump to three teeth. Weight is kept to a minimum at just 17 grams.
The transitions without using the 16t cog are as follows (4 tooth max jump):
- Remove the 15t -> 11-13-17-19....
- Remove the 17t -> 11-13-15-19....
The transitions with the 16t cog result in a 3 tooth max jump:
- Remove 15t & 17t-> 11-13-16-19....
- 16t cog smooths out the cog to cog transition when using the Wolf Tooth Components GC cog and a standard 10-speed 11-36 cassette
- 1.6mm thick
- Weight: 17 grams
- Shimano 10-speed cassette compatibility: XT 11-36t, XTR 11-36t (other 11-36t Shimano cassettes require modification - must drill out rivets holding the 17t to the larger cogs
- SRAM 10-speed cassette compatibility: PG 1030, 1050, and 1070 - 11-36 and 12-36, X0 11-36t - remove the 14t rather than the 17t
PRODUCT REF: COG16
Write a review to be in with a chance of winning a £50 Sigma Sports eGift
Voucher. Learn more