Zipp 404 Firecrest Carbon Tubeless Clincher Front Wheel
Blending the brand’s extensive aerodynamic mastery with advanced materials, the Zipp 404 Firecrest Carbon Tubeless Clincher Front Wheel brings a multifaceted performance to any rider. Whether punching over heavily rolling courses, sprinting hard for the line or battling against the second hand in triathlons the 404 Firecrest delivers with accuracy and composure.
An optimum ratio of lateral stiffness, strength and low weight is realised in the rim structure thanks to the utilisation of the finest carbon materials and manufacturing techniques. The advanced composite is moulded into a 58mm deep rim profile that is the result of an exhaustive research and testing procedure, and this accomplishes real-world aerodynamic prowess and confidence-inspiring crosswind stability. Complementing the sophisticated rim design is the ABLC dimple pattern that smooths the air across the rim’s surface to lower drag further across a full sweep of yaw angles.
A broad internal rim width is compatible with tubeless-ready or standard clincher tyres. Regardless of preference in this regard, the wide inner rim format forces tyres to sit with an optimum cross-sectional profile that, in turn, elicits lower rolling resistance, enhances compliance and improves cornering grip.
The Showstopper brake track and its scalloped, textured surface clears water and debris and increases friction to offer vastly heightened stopping power, even in miserable weather conditions. At the same time, the ZR1, German engineered hub promotes smooth bearings to the build that are durable and low maintenance.
All of the components are brought together by the distinguished Sapim CX-Ray spokes that, along with the neat and evenly tensioned lacing pattern, grant admirable quantities of efficiency and reliability.
- QR end caps
- Quick release skewers
- A wheel that combines aerodynamics, low rolling resistance, lateral stiffness, strength and comfort to excel over rolling climbs, across wind-swept plains, when sprinting for the line and in valiant solo efforts
- The full carbon rim is realised from the finest materials to promote a high stiffness to weight ratio
- 58mm deep, AeroBalance derived rim profile is honed via CFD computer simulations, wind tunnel testing and pro rider feedback to simultaneously lower drag and improves crosswind stability
- ABLC dimples smooth the airflow across the rim’s surface to further lower drag
- Tubeless-ready or standard clincher compatibility opens up use to huge range of tyre setups
- Showstopper brake track gives powerful and consistent braking, even in the wet
- ZR1 hub is German engineered and has super smooth bearings with durable seals
- Sapim CX-Ray spokes and a neat lacing pattern provide even tensions and a durable build
- Tyre compatibility: Tubeless-ready clincher or standard clincher
- Wheel size: 700c
- Rim: Full carbon with ABLC rim surface dimples
- Rim profile: Symmetrical
- Rim finish: UD fibre, adhesive decals
- Rim depth: 58mm
- Internal rim width: 19mm
- Rim internal format: Hooked
- Spokes: Sapim CX-Ray
- Spoke lacing pattern: Radial
- Spoke count: 18
- Hub: ZR1
- Bearings: Cartridge - stainless steel
- Brake compatibility: Rim
- Recommended tyre size: 23mm and above
- Maximum tyre pressure: 125psi
- Maximum recommended rider weight: 113kg/250lbs
- Manufacturer claimed weight: 734 grams (no rim tape or valves included)
- Warranty: Lifetime