Zipp 404 NSW Carbon Tubeless Clincher Rear Wheel
The Zipp 404 NSW Carbon Tubeless Clincher Rear Wheel blends the brand’s extensive, industry-leading aerodynamic experience with state of the art materials and manufacturing techniques to result in performance across any topography. Whether charging across harsh, Spring Classics style terrain, punching up and over sharp climbs or sprinting for the finish line, the 404 NSW delivers with consummate ease.
Utilising the finest grade of carbon fibre, the rim promotes a comprehensive mix of lateral stiffness, low weight and rough-road resilience. This advanced carbon composite material is formed into a profile that has been sculpted via the wind tunnel and real-world, professional rider validation. Together with its ABLC surface dimple pattern, this sophisticated rim silhouette lowers drag across a considerable variety of yaw angles and markedly stabilises handling during crosswind riding situations.
A broad, 20mm internal rim measurement promotes lowered tyre rolling resistance, increased comfort and even more aerodynamic performance by forcing the tyre to sit with an optimum cross-section. This internal rim format also offers versatility by being compatible with tubeless-ready or standard clincher tyres.
Confidence-inspiring braking performance, even in the wet, is donated by the Showstopper carbon brake surface and its scalloped texture. At the same time, the Cognition hub supplies its super-smooth bearings and low resistance Axial Clutch freehub to the assembly. The esteemed Sapim CX-Ray spokes comprehensively complete the build via a robust and efficient 2-cross lacing pattern.
- QR end caps
- Quick release skewer
- A wheelset that combines aerodynamics, low rolling resistance, lateral stiffness, strength and comfort to excel over rolling climbs, across Spring Classics style terrain, when sprinting for the line and in solo efforts against the clock
- The full carbon rim is realised from the finest materials to promote a high stiffness to weight ratio
- 58mm rim depth offers performance within any ride that has a requirement of raw and relentless speed
- A rim profile that has been meticulously researched in the wind tunnel, via CFD simulations and within real world riding lowers drag, increases crosswind stability and smooths the rim-to-tyre junction
- ABLC dimples smooth the airflow across the rim’s surface to further lower drag
- Wide internal rim width reduces rolling resistance, improves comfort and enhances cornering grip
- Tubeless-ready or standard clincher compatibility opens up use to huge range of tyre setups
- Showstopper brake track gives powerful and consistent braking, even in the wet
- The Cognition hub has super smooth bearings and an Axial Clutch freehub mechanism for reduced drag when freewheeling
- Sapim CX-Ray spokes and neat lacing patterns provide even tensions and a durable build
- Tyre compatibility: Tubeless-ready clincher or standard clincher
- Wheel size: 700c
- Rim: Full carbon with ABLC rim surface dimples
- Rim profile: Symmetrical
- Rim finish: UD fibre, Impress technology
- Rim depth: 58mm
- Internal rim width: 20mm
- Rim internal format: Hooked
- Spokes: Sapim CX-Ray
- Spoke lacing pattern: 2-cross
- Spoke count: 24
- Hub: Zipp Cognition with Axial Clutch technology
- Bearings: Cartridge - stainless steel
- Freehub compatibility: SRAM XDR or Shimano HG/SRAM Road 11-speed
- Brake compatibility: Rim
- Recommended tyre size: 23mm and above (optimised for use with 25mm width tyres)
- Maximum tyre pressure: 125psi
- Maximum recommended rider weight: 113kg/250lbs
- Manufacturer claimed weight: 867 grams (based on an XDR configuration with no rim tape or valve included)
- Warranty: Lifetime
Forgotten Your Password?
Please enter your registered email address below and we'll send you an email explaining the next step.
Select a store
Select the store you visit most frequently below and their stock information will show on product pages.