Zipp 808 Firecrest Carbon Tubeless Clincher Rear Wheel
The Zipp 808 Firecrest Carbon Tubeless Clincher Rear Wheel is the consequence of blending the brand’s innovatory aerodynamic concepts with advanced materials to culminate in a formidable performance within any event that sees battle against the second hand of the clock.
Prime carbon materials and resins are employed within the rim construction to elicit the highest possible lateral stiffness at the lowest feasible weight. This sophisticated carbon composite is formed into an 82mm deep rim profile that has been sculpted from countless hours of wind tunnel testing, CFD computer simulations and pro rider verification, to realise an optimum ratio of low drag and composed crosswind handling. The ABLC dimpled surface pattern complements this by smoothing the airflow to provide further aerodynamic proficiency across a vast sweep of yaw angles.
Compatibility with tubeless-ready tyres promotes the chance of experiencing lower rolling resistance at more compliant, lower tyre pressures without running the risk of pinch punctures. Standard clincher tyre compatibility is still offered to allow the use of these tyres should preference, or riding conditions dictate.
The Showstopper carbon brake track and its scalloped surface radically improve stopping power, especially in the wet, to grant increased confidence even when descending steep mountain passes. All the while, the ZR1 hub, with its smooth bearings and 66 point engagement freehub ensures efficient performance, whether pushing the pace or freewheeling.
Sapim CX-Sprint J-bend spokes and a neat, 2-cross lacing pattern comprehensively complete the build by adding reliability and strength for high power efforts or rough road surfaces.
- QR end caps
- Quick release skewers
- Conceived to elicit the fastest possible performance when riding against the clock in time trial or triathlon events
- The full carbon rim is realised from the finest materials to promote a high stiffness to weight ratio
- 82mm rim depth lays a formidable foundation for realising lower drag at higher speeds
- AeroBalance derived rim profile simultaneously lowers drag and improves crosswind stability
- ABLC dimples smooth the airflow across the rim’s surface to further lower drag
- Tubeless-ready or standard clincher compatibility opens up use to huge range of tyre set ups
- Showstopper brake track gives powerful and consistent braking, even on the wet
- ZR1 hub is German engineered, has super smooth bearings with durable seals and a 66 point freehub engagement for enhanced pedalling response
- Sapim CX-Sprint J-bend spokes and a neat lacing pattern provide even tensions and a durable build
- Tyre compatibility: Tubeless-ready clincher or standard clincher
- Wheel size: 700c
- Rim: Full carbon with ABLC rim surface dimples
- Rim profile: Symmetrical
- Rim finish: UD fibre, adhesive decals
- Rim depth: 82mm
- Internal rim width: 18mm
- Rim internal format: Hooked
- Spokes: Sapim CX Sprint J-bend
- Spoke lacing pattern: 2-cross
- Spoke count: 24
- Hub: ZR1 with 66 tooth engagement
- Bearings: Cartridge - stainless steel
- Freehub compatibility: SRAM XDR or Shimano HG/SRAM Road 11-speed
- Brake compatibility: Rim
- Recommended tyre size: 23mm and above
- Maximum tyre pressure: 125psi
- Maximum recommended rider weight: 113kg/250lbs
- Manufacturer claimed weight: 1003 grams (based on an XDR configuration with no rim tape or valve included)
- Warranty: Lifetime