Bianchi Oltre XR4 Road Frameset 2019
Every element of Bianchi's Oltre XR4 Road Frameset has been tailored towards optimum performance out on the road. The monocoque hi-modulus construction utilises a Countervail material to dampen unwanted road feedback and reduce muscle fatigue, while the layup still maintains incredible stiffness for a direct transfer of power.
The inclusion of Countervail is key to the XR4's impressive ride. By incorporating this vibration cancelling technology into the carbon itself, Bianchi has been able to focus all their efforts on the shape of the tubing, whilst ensuring the weight is kept to a minimum. Due to this incredible balance of stiffness, comfort, and aerodynamics, the XR4 is as capable of climbing as it is sprinting for the line.
Developed in a wind tunnel, the XR4's sleek profile is as functional as it is aesthetically pleasing. When designing the frameset, Bianchi conducted the same Flow Visualisation tests as those used in the F1 industry to ensure the best possible aerodynamics. The result; a seamlessly integrated frame, fork, and seatpost, with the headtube and fork profiled to minimalise drag.
While such advancements sound impressive, Bianchi wanted to ensure the alterations had a significant effect on real-world performance too. When tested, the XR4 offered a whole 20 watt power gain over the original XR2 Frameset, ideal for those chasing every possible advantage in a race environment.
Featuring internal cable routing for both mechanical and electronic groupsets and a direct mount brake system, the aerodynamics and overall look are further enhanced, while the PressFit bottom bracket maximises stiffness for efficient power transfer. Finished with impeccable attention to detail, the seatpost's offset can be adjusted between 25mm and -10mm for a precise fit, while the frame provides clearance for 25mm wide tyres, perfect for a confidence inspiring ride at maximum speed.
- Countervail vibration cancelling technology
- Full carbon construction increases stiffness and reduces weight
- Integrated fork, seat post and seat clamp enhance aerodynamic efficiency
- Clearance for 25mm tyres for reduced rolling resistance and increased grip and comfort
- FRAME: Bianchi Oltre XR4 carbon with Countervail, mechanical and electronic shifting compatibility, direct mount brakes
- FORK: Bianchi Full Carbon Aero, 1.1/8>1.1/4"
- HEADSET: FSA Orbit C-33, Matt UD Carbon, 1.1/8">1.1/4"
- BOTTOM BRACKET: PressFit, 86.5x41mm
- SEATPOST: Oltre Full Carbon Aero, adjustable alloy clamp
- SEAT CLAMP: Integrated
PRODUCT REF: 860603
Write a review to be in with a chance of winning a £50 Sigma Sports eGift
Voucher. Learn more