Bontrager Aeolus XXX 6 TLR Clincher Rear Wheel
The Aeolus XXX 6 TLR Clincher Rear Wheel is Bontrager's ultimate all-purpose, all-discipline wheel, designed to bring the aero advantages of deep-section wheels to a new range of Parcours and riding conditions. Traditionally, deep-section wheels like this were limited to very particular route profiles - too weighty for climbing and handling poorly in crosswinds, they'd be restricted to flattish courses on still days only.
Thanks to Bontrager's innovative developments in wheel design, these issues are now a thing of the past. The Aeolus XXX 6 TLRs feature Bontrager's truly industry-leading OCLV XXX carbon layups, helping to keep these wheels feather light despite the deep rim. That rim profile, meanwhile, incorporates Speed Stability Shaping technology in order to significantly reduce the effect of crosswinds. The result is a wheel that combines the aerodynamic advantages of a 60mm deep section wheel with the low weight and nimble handling of a climbing wheel.
Bontrager's Laser Control Track, meanwhile, ensures that this wheel provides controlled and confident braking performance, even in wet conditions. This allows you to brake both less often and to modulate that braking through corners, a distinct performance advantage on technical sections. This wheel is also fully tubeless-ready, so you can make the upgrade to a comfier, more puncture-proof ride easily and simply.
As light as a climbing wheel and as aero as a deep section, this is a truly versatile wheel option that you can rely on to perform no matter the discipline.
- Bontrager XXX 6 TLR Rear Wheel
- TLR rim strip and valve stem
- Black Prince Carbon brake pads
- Traditional rim strip
Please note: The manufacturer does not recommend using latex inner tubes with carbon clincher wheels. Using latex tubes may void your warranty.
- Bontrager OCLV XXX carbon uses premium materials and high-temperature resins together with industry-leading domestic manufacturing
- Speed Stability Shaping reduces crosswind force, allowing for a deeper and faster profile
- Laser Control Track ensures confident braking performance in all conditions
- The 60mm rim depth provides blistering speed with unmatched stability for rider confidence
- Tubeless Ready (TLR), with 21mm inner rim width for enhanced tyre support
- DT Swiss internals for a buttery smooth ride feel and a reliable 36-point star ratchet engagement
- Laser-etched graphics provide a fast, finished look with no added weight
- Braking type: Rim brake only
- Tyre compatibility: Tubeless/clincher
- Cassette compatibility: 9/10/11-speed Shimano/SRAM
- Rim depth: 60mm
- Internal rim width: 21mm
- Quick-release axle
- Valve: Presta
- Weight: 835g