CycleOps Hammer Direct Drive Smart Turbo Trainer
As the quietest, strongest and steadiest flywheel based smart trainer on the entire market, the CycleOps Hammer Direct Drive Smart Turbo Trainer is truly one for the history books. Putting out an incredible 64 decibels at 20mph, this turbo trainer actually sits below the intended sound levels of a library. Everything from its robust design, that can take up to 2000 watts at 20mph, to compatibility with almost every third party training programme makes it super versatile for any rider looking to enhance their training.
Using the same engineers that first introduced turbo trainers to the market, Cycleops have been able to use their extensive expertise to create one of the best training aids around. Using a direct drive system that connects to your rear dropouts, this turbo can be used on every bike imaginable, meaning if you fancy riding your race bike, or even your commuter bike indoors, you can.
When taking on a huge power session, you need a trainer that can keep up with you. Luckily, the Hammer has been designed to thrive in heavy power situations, taking up to 2000 watts at 20mph and the ability to simulate a 20% gradient. Thanks to the integration of internal cooling technology, the trainer provides accurate ride data throughout harsh workouts, unlike other turbo trainers.
Even though you’re indoors, why should you sacrifice that 'on the road' feel? To enhance your enjoyment when training indoors, the flywheel has also had a total rehaul. It is now a 20 lb precision balanced flywheel for quiet, vibration free and true to the road riding. Further enhanced by the fast response, electromagnetic resistance to ensure your resistance can handle split-second changes, and when you need to get out the saddle and sprint, you’re not spinning out.
Everything from CycleOps VirtualTraining to Zwift, TrainerRoad and many more third party training apps are compatible with the Hammer, too. You won’t be left in the dark with this trainer.
To learn more about integrating your turbo trainer with Zwift please see our comprehensive guide.
The clip-lock legs add to the versatility of the Hammer, allowing you to easily pack away the entire system without a hitch. These legs also boast being the widest footprint of direct drive indoor bicycle trainers on the market, keeping you secure and stable on the bike.
The CycleOps Hammer Direct Drive Smart Turbo Trainer includes:
- A Shimano/SRAM splined freehub for compatibility with 8-11 speed cassettes
The cassette shown in the photos is not supplied with the Hammer.
For any further information, please refer to our Turbo Trainer Guide.
- Direct drive design directly connects the bicycle to the resistance unit, eliminating tyre wear
- Internally cooling technology ensures accurate ride data even during the hardest of workouts
- 20 lb. precision balanced flywheel provides quiet, vibration-free and true-to-the-road riding experience
- Fast response electromagnetic resistance ensure most responsive resistance and maximum power available
- Robust design is capable of handling up to 2000 watts at 20 mph and can simulate up to a 20% climbing grade
- Noise level at 20mph is 64 decibels, quiet enough to ride in a library
- PowerTuned using PowerTap technology for accurate power readings
- Integrated front wheel tray adds stability to ride and nests within the trainer when not in use
- Folding legs provide widest footprint of direct drive indoor bicycle trainers on the market for added stability and easy storage
- Includes a Shimano splined freehub for compatibility with Shimano 8-11 speed cassettes
- Accessible and balanced handle allows for smooth, anyone-can-carry transit of the trainer
- Over the air (OTA) firmware updates via Bluetooth 4.0 devices ensure the Hammer is up to date
- Thru-axle compatible for bike frames with rear dropout widths of 142 or 148
- Quick-release compatible for bike frames with dropout widths of 130mm and 135mm
- Comes with a Shimano splined freehub for compatibility with Shimano 8-11 speed cassettes
- Integrated dual ANT+ FE-C and Bluetooth 4.0 technologies
- Compatible with a wide variety of devices and virtual training application, including CycleOps VirtualTraining, Zwift, TrainerRoad and many more
- 300 lb (136 kg) maximum load – excluding bicycle
- Cassette not included
- Dimensions when Open L*H*W: 31”x18.5”x19.5” (787.4x469.9x495.3 mm)
- Dimensions when Closed L*H*W: 3”x18.5”x19.5” (76.2x469.9x495.3 mm)
- Weighs in at 47 lbs (21.3 kg)