Mavic Cosmic Elite Clincher Wheelset 2021
Amalgamating low weight, strength, aerodynamics and affordability, the Mavic Cosmic Elite Clincher Wheelset is an ideal choice for the budding road racer or keen group rider alike.
Mavic has tuned the aluminium rims, altering the wall thicknesses depending on the zonal loads and stresses during riding. This process results in a lower weight without sacrificing any lateral rigidity to promote an enlivened climbing sensation and spritely acceleration. The high stiffness to weight ratio is complemented by the 30mm deep rim profile that has been sculpted via the wind tunnel to lower drag markedly while increasing crosswind stability. Tubeless-ready and standard clincher tyre compatibility is offered, allowing the rider to choose their rubber from a vast range depending on personal preference, road conditions and ride genre.
Aluminium hub shells are light but robust and offer a stable anchoring point for the bladed steel spokes. These spokes link the build together via reliable lacing patterns and even tensions to promote greater power transfer and durability.
- BR101 quick releases
- UST valve and accessories
- Pre-installed tubeless rim tape
- User guide
- An aerodynamic, aluminium wheelset designed as an introduction to high-level race performance
- Aluminium rims have refined wall thicknesses to realise a perfect balance between stiffness, strength and weight
- The 30mm deep rim profile is wind tunnel tuned for lower drag and heightened crosswind stability
- Tubeless-ready and standard clincher tyre compatible
- Alloy hub shells are light but stiff to provide a solid base for disc brake rotors
- Hub automatic bearing preload adjustment gives added bearing durability
- Bladed steel spokes are strong and reliable and reduce aerodynamic drag
- Tyre compatibility: UST tubeless-ready clincher or standard clincher
- Wheel size: 700c
- Rim: S6000 aluminium
- Rim profile: Symmetrical
- Rim finish: All black, satin surface
- Rim depth: 30mm
- Internal rim width: 17mm
- Rim internal format: Hooked
- Spokes: Mavic steel straight pull, bladed
- Spoke count: Front - 20 / Rear - 20
- Spoke lacing pattern: Front - radial / Rear - radial non-drive side, two-cross drive side
- Hubs: Front - Mavic aluminium / Rear - Mavic aluminium
- Freehub compatibility: Shimano HG/SRAM Road 11-speed
- Brake compatibility: Standard rim brake caliper
- Braking surface: Aluminium UB Control
- Recommended tyre size: 25mm to 32mm
- Maximum tyre pressure: See indication on wheel and tyre. If they differ, use the lowest of the two
- Maximum recommended rider weight: 120kg/265lbs (including rider, bike and any other luggage)
- Manufacturer claimed weight: Front: 815 grams / Rear: 955 grams / Wheelset: 1,770 grams
Forgotten Your Password?
Please enter your registered email address below and we'll send you an email explaining the next step.
Select a store
Select the store you visit most frequently below and their stock information will show on product pages.