Mavic Cosmic Pro Carbon Disc Centre Lock Clincher Wheelset 2017
Aerodynamic performance now comes with the superior stopping power of disc brake integration with the Mavic Cosmic Pro Carbon Disc Centre Lock Clincher Wheelset 2017. With this wheelset, Mavic has created and wheel-tyre system that is perfect for the performance-focused rider.
With a 45mm deep NACA airfoil profile, this wheelset offers low drag in any conditions. The 45mm depth profile also adds versatility to this wheelset, meaning that it can be used for anything from hilly routes to fast and flat circuits.
Aerodynamic efficiency is further boosted by the integration of 25mm width tyres with the 25mm external rim width. This gives the wheelset less drag and more responsive steering in crosswinds.
The 17mm rim width also helps to increase the air capacity of the tyres, which has several advantages. Firstly, it creates a more comfortable riding experience by smoothening out road vibration and impact without sacrificing feel. Secondly, it improves rolling efficiency and traction, especially when cornering, by distributing the contact area of the tyre over a wider surface area.
The Instant Drive 360 freewheel is 9/10/11-speed compatible and is ready for use with SRAM or Shimano cassettes. Campagnolo cassettes can be used with the freewheel adaptor (sold separately). The Instant Drive 360 freewheel engages at 9˚ increments, which reduces the amount of power you waste pushing the pedal before the freewheel is engaged.
Mavic's Yksion Pro GripLink Clincher (front) and PowerLink Clincher (rear) Tyres increase comfort, rolling efficiency and grip with a supple 127 TPI construction. A durable kevlar breaker on the front and a polyamide breaker on the rear for enhanced puncture protection.
Mavic's ISM 4D rim technology reduces the wheelset's weight and inertia without compromising durability with an internal spoke milling across four dimensions. This technology reduces weight while also creating a smooth rim profile that helps to reduce drag. The rim's asymmetrical design offsets the strain and force of disc braking while also balancing the wheel for an elevated level of control.
- Rear 12x142mm adapters for Instant Drive 360
- Front 12 mm adapters
- Multifunction adjustment wrench
- User guide
- 2x rim tape
- Yksion Pro GripLink Clincher 25mm (front) & PowerLink Clincher 25mm (rear) Tyres
- 2x Mavic Butyl inner tube 48mm Presta
PLEASE NOTE: The Mavic Cosmic Pro Carbon Disc Centre Lock Clincher Wheelset 2017 comes with 12mm thru-axles adapters on the front and rear but is convertible to quick release skewers with an adapter that is available separately. Click HERE to view Mavic axle adapters.
- Tyre casing: 127 TPI
- Front and rear tyre tread: Single compound
- Mavic Yksion Pro GripLink Clincher (front) & PowerLink Clincher (rear) Tyres
- Dimension: 35-622 (700x25c)
- Breaker: Polyamide, from bead to bead
- Recommended tyre sizes: 25 to 32 mm
- Max. Pressure: 25mm 7.7 bars - 110 PSI
- Usage: Road
- For greater longevity of the wheel, Mavic recommends that the total weight supported by the wheels does not exceed 120kg, bike included
- Disc standard: Centre Lock
- Freewheel: Shimano/SRAM 9/10/11-speed, convertible to Campagnolo and XD-R with optional driver bodies (available separately)
- Front axle: Convertible from 12mm thru axle to quick release or 15mm thru axle with optional adapters (available separately)
- Rear axle: 12mm thru axle, convertible to quick release with optional adapters (available separately)
- Rim weight reduction: ISM
- Depth: 45mm, asymmetrical
- ETRTO size: 622x17C
- Rim material: Maxtal and 12K carbon fibre
- Rim joint: SUP
- Tyre: Clincher
- Valve hole diameter: 6.5 mm
- Disc brake specific profile
- Internal rim width: 17 mm
- Spoke material: Steel
- Spoke count: 24 front and rear
- Nipples: Aluminum, ABS
- Spoke lacing: Front crossed 2, rear Isopulse
- Spoke shape: Straight pull, bladed, double butted
- Freewheel: Instant Drive 360
- Rear: Convertible to 12mm through axle (135 and 142)
- Front: Quick release, 12 and 15mm through axle compatible
- Adjustable sealed cartridge bearings
- Axle material: Aluminium
- Front and rear bodies: Aluminium
- Weight: Pair - 1770g, front - 835g, rear - 935g