Mavic R-SYS SLR Limited Edition Clincher Wheelset
Mavic's ultimate lightweight alloy clincher wheelset is now more exclusive than ever with the Mavic R-SYS SLR Limited Edition Clincher Wheelset. Lighter and offering enhanced aerodynamics with the inclusion of the ISM 4D rim design this is the perfect wheelset for racing, training and sportive riding, especially if there is a lot of climbing involved.
The strong Tracomp lacing design using a mixture of carbon fibre and double butted Zircal spokes helps contribute the wheel's fast, silky smooth spinning credentials. Compared to Mavic's Ksyrium range, the addition of ultra-light QRM SL bearings and axles means this wheelset tips the scales at a mere 1295 grams.
The R-SYS has been used in numerous Grand Tours and has been ridden to countless victories by some of the world's best professional cyclists. Praised for their robust construction, this is helped no doubt by the Maxtal alloy fore drilled rims and strong aluminium hubs.
Exalith is a Mavic designed braking surface that has been used on a number of their top of the range, performance wheels. This material, compared to standard braking tracks, offers better brake pad wear, improved stopping in the wet and predictable braking. This wheelset is supplied with specific Mavic Exalith brake pads, for enhanced braking performance.
Carbon fibre Tracomp spokes adorn the front and rear non-drive side on these wheels and, for added strength, Zircal spokes have been used on the rear drive side.
Mavic's WTS tyre system uses a tyre specifically designed for the wheel. The Mavic GripLink and PowerLink tyres have been added to provide sublime grip, puncture protection and low rolling resistance in the dry as well as the wet. These tyres are ideal for racing yet also durable enough for the rigours of training.
Available in a limited edition colour scheme with signature SSC graphics and subtle Mavic decals this wheelset would look at home on a road, time trial or even cyclocross bike.
- BR601 quick releases
- Exalith brake pads
- Multifunction adjustment wrench
- Tracomp ring tool
- User guide
- Mavic GripLink front tyre
- Mavic PowerLink rear tyre
- One of the lightest clincher wheelsets on the market
- New, rounder ISM 4D rims, offer lower rolling resistance and are lighter and more responsive
- Rims produce less drag than their predecessor
- Exalith brake track offers reliable, all-weather braking performance and wears slower than traditional braking surfaces
- Front uses carbon fibre, tubular Tracomp spokes
- Rear houses carbon Tracomp spokes on the non-drive side and strong Zircal spokes on the drive side
- Lacing: radial front and rear non-drive side, crossed 2 rear drive side
- QRM SL superlight bearings and axles
- A strong wheelset with Maxtal alloy, fore drilled rims
- Ideal for road, time trials or cyclocross, training or racing
- Black colour scheme stylish Mavic decals
- Brake track: Exalith 2
- Nipples: Fore integrated aluminium
- Front hub body: aluminium flanges
- Rear hub body: aluminium
- Spoke count: front 16, rear 20
- Rim height: front 24 mm, rear 26 mm asymmetrical
- Recommended tyre sizes: 19 to 32 mm
- 11-speed compatible
- Weight: 1295 g
- Weight with WTS tyres: 1835 g
- Mavic Yksion Pro GripLink front tyre
- Mavic Yksion Pro PowerLink rear tyre
- 127 TPI casing
- Breaker: Front: Kevlar, Rear: nylon
- Front and Rear Tread: Single Compound
- Dimensions: 25-622 (700 x 25c)
- Max. Pressure: 9 bar / 130 psi