Bontrager Aeolus XXX 6 TLR Disc Clincher Rear Wheel
With the Aeolus XXX 6 TLR Disc lineup, Bontrager have married the supreme aerodynamic performance of deep section wheels with the crosswind stability of shallow climbing hoops. The result is a rear wheel that delivers remarkably impressive straight-line speed on flat courses, but still doesn't let you down when the wind picks up and handling becomes a little trickier.
Constructed from Bontrager's high modulus OCLV XXX carbon fibre, this wheel is both impressively lightweight and extremely stiff, yielding no flex even when under intense strain sprinting out of the saddle. The rim profile itself has been tested rigorously in the wind tunnel in order to find the optimum carbon shaping for slicing through the wind.
Meanwhile, the DT Swiss hub internals provide smooth, frictionless rolling resistance, keeping the miles ticking over with ease. Supplied here as a disc brake only setup, these wheels also guarantee that you'll be able to slow down as fast as you can accelerate. Bontrager's laser-etched graphics also do away with the need for decals, helping to shave every last gram from the wheel weight for optimum performance.
Please note: The manufacturer does not recommend using latex inner tubes with carbon clincher wheels. Using latex tubes may void your warranty.
- Speed Stability Shape reduces side force, allowing for a deeper depth and faster profile
- Laser-etched graphics provide a fast, finished look with no added weight
- DT Swiss internals for a buttery smooth ride feel and a reliable 36-point star ratchet engagement
- Compatibility: Clincher, tubeless ready
- Wheel size: 700c
- Rim: Bontrager OCLV XXX carbon fibre
- Rim depth: 60mm
- Internal rim width: 21mm
- Spoke count: 24
- Braking standard: Centre-lock disc only
- Hub width: 100mm
- Axle type: Thru-axle (12mm)
- Weight: 845g
- Compatibility: Shimano/SRAM Road 9/10/11-speed
- Includes a TLR rim strip and valve stem along with a traditional tube-type rim strip