Mavic Ksyrium Pro UST Disc Centre Lock Clincher Wheelset
With Mavic’s immense knowledge within the industry of creating impressively performance focused mountain bike disc wheels, a wide range of this technology has been brought across and now, Mavic are ready to release theirKsyrium Pro UST Disc Centre Lock Clincher Wheelset 2018. With a rim depth of just 22mm and an overall weight of 1620g, these wheels are the perfect addition to your disc equipped road bike, especially when you yearn for greater control in every situation.
Everything from Mavic’s UST Tubeless Ready design, which increases traction and control, and reduces weight when converted to tubeless, to ‘Maxtal’, which is evident in a wide range of Mavic’s higher end wheelsets, reduces the overall weight of aluminium rims by a considerable amount, but also allows for a higher strength to weight ratio than conventional 6106 alloy.
SUP (Soudé Usiné Process) is Mavic’s renowned joining process, which actually joins the rim by arc welding, then mills it for a smoother finish. This ensures there are no rough areas on the braking surface, and no weak edges to create any kind of inconsistency in any area of the rim.
The science behind a set of disc brake wheels are quite staggering, and it’s clear that Mavic have done their research. They state that because braking torque is distributed through the hub, spokes and lower rim before it reaches the ground, the braking load is higher on the front wheel. Thus, the front wheel needs to be built with more spokes; 24 instead of 18 or 20. This adds a minimal amount of weight, but it’s worth it for the durability and rigidity these wheels continuously provide.
Of course, the rim can be as strong as diamonds, but what about the hub? Building the wheel from the hub out, Mavic’s Instant Drive 360 technology system is super light and fast to engage with only 9°, whilst a large contactless rubber seal provides low friction.
- Mavic Yksion Pro UST tyres
- Front 12 mm adapters
- Rear 12x142mm adapters for Instant Drive 360
- Mavic tyre sealant
- Multifunction adjustment wrench
- Specific disc bolts
- UST valve and accessories
- User guide
Please note: Mavic recommends using their branded tyres with these wheels for optimum performance and reliability. This wheelset is shipped with 12 x 142mm thru-end caps as standard. In order to make it QR compatible, part numbers V25108 and V26803 are required as well as skewers M40351 and M40350.
- Rim depth: 22mm
- Internal rim width: 19mm
- Road UST Tubeless increases rolling efficiency, grip, comfort and flat protection
- Zicral spokes and Fore drilling improves lateral stiffness
- ISM 4D rim machining makes for superlight rims
- Zicral spokes and Instant Drive 360 freewheel system lower overall weight while maintaining stiffness, giving you low friction and fast engagement
- 24 spokes front and rear for perfect brake torque distribution
- Front hub convertible from 12mm through axle to quick release or 15mm through axle (with optional adapters)
- Rear hub convertible from 12x142 through axle to quick release (with optional adapters - not available in Germany)
- 6 Bolts or Center Lock
- Also XD Road compatible, with an optional driver body
- ETRTO size: 622x19TC Road
- Use with Mavic Tubeless Tape
- Weight reduction: ISM 4D
- Disc brake specific profile
- Valve hole diameter: 6.5 mm
- Tyre: UST Tubeless and tube type
- Drilling: Fore
- Joint: SUP
- Material: Maxtal
- Weight: 1620g
- Compatible with: Shimano/SRAM, convertible to Campagnolo and XD-R with optional driver bodies
- Includes: Yksion Pro UST tyres / Front 12 mm adapter / Rear 12x142mm adapter for Instant Drive 360 / Mavic tyre sealant (rear wheel) / Multifunction adjustment wrench / Specific disc bolts / UST valve and accessories / User guide