Shimano Dura-Ace R9170 C40 Centre-Lock Disc Tubular Rear Wheel
When it comes to carbon tubular wheels, Shimano know what they are doing. This can certainly be seen in their new Shimano Dura-Ace R9170 C40 Centre-Lock Disc Tubular Rear Wheel. Combining aerodynamic performance, a low weight and optimal stiffness, this wheel is ideal for riders looking for versatility and performance.
The rim is 40mm deep and 24mm wide, making it both aerodynamic and stable. The Labyrinth double contact sealing also effectively shuts out water and dirt - helping to maintain a more durable, cleaner contact point between the rim and your tubular tyre.
Shimano has also integrated wide flange spacing for greater lateral rigidity and elbow-less spokes for a heightened degree of strength. This wheel is centre-lock disc brake compatible, so you can take your ride into the future of cycling technology.
Engagement every 10˚ and a titanium construction makes this one of the most durable and high-performance freehubs on the market. Combine with this a cold-forged alloy hub shell, an oversized 7075 alloy axle and thru-axle compatibility and you have a light, stiff and strong hub that maintains power transfer down onto the road.
- QR Thru Axle Skewer
- WH-R9170 TU carbon tubular disc brake wheel, designed to meet pro road race criteria
- Lightweight tubular full carbon 40 mm deep 24 mm wide rim for improved aerodynamics, increased rigidity and excellent inertia
- Easy to use Centre-Lock rotor mount for use with disc brakes
- 24 stainless steel butted (2.0-1.8-2.0) and bladed straight pull spokes for optimal balance and rigidity
- Elbow-less spokes make for a strong yet compliant wheel
- High lateral rigidity is produced with a wide flange spacing
- Labyrinth double-contact sealing effectively shuts out water and dirt
- Alloy cone with integrated steel Borozon treated bearing races - super mirror finish reduces friction
- Quick and easy to maintain bearing adjustment
- Freehub uses quick pawl engagement every 10 degrees
- Cold forged, machined aluminium hub shell and oversized 7075 alloy axle combined with a titanium Freehub body keep the wheel weight to a minimum
- 700C tubular compatible, 23 - 28
- For 142 x 12 mm axle
- 8, 9, 10 and 11-speed compatible rear wheel
- Average weight 774 grams