Northwave Ghost XCM MTB Shoes 2018
Northwave's Ghost XCM MTB Shoes will not only enhance your performance on the trails but will also keep your feet supremely comfortable throughout your rides. Lightweight and stiff, these shoes are compatible with all MTB pedal systems using SPD (2-hole) cleats.
The Carbon XC 12 Sole has a full carbon insert in the cleat area, giving the shoe a stiffness index of 12.0, so you can be sure of efficient power transfer, while added flexibility in the mid-foot means it'll remain comfortable on long rides. TPU inserts have been strategically placed to ensure excellent grip and abrasion resistance when your feet are off the pedals.
Northwave's Xframe® patented technology has been used for the upper of this shoe. Ultralight materials wrap around the foot, ensuring an even pressure, and a 0.5mm wear resistant outer improves durability. A single SLW2 dial and wire close the shoe around the foot. Both tightening and loosening of the shoe, and full release, can be controlled by a single button, for easy on-the-go adjustments.
When you're tackling those steep climbs and putting the power down, the directional fibres in the heel will keep your feet securely in place and prevent slipping. A regular fit footbed ensures this shoe is suitable for the majority of riders, with plenty of toe space, a slightly offset instep and close fitting heel.
- Carbon XC 12 Sole with full-carbon insert in the pedal area
- Stiffness index of 12.0
- TPU inserts ensure high traction and outstanding wear resistance
- Xframe® patented construction and ultralight next generation materials
- Highly abrasion-resistant rubber reinforcements ensure 360° protection along the entire upper
- SLW2 dial, with step-by-step and full release in a single button
- Integrated heel system containing directional fibre
- Performance Regular footbed provides greater support
- Compatible with MTB pedal systems that use cleats with SPD (2-hole) standard